Wednesday, October 14, 2009

CAUGHT IT!!


Well, we caught the mouse. Chris and I met with the manager Monday night about some things and I remembered to mention our mouse. He offered to bring over a mouse trap...so we said, sweet! Yesterday I got a knock on the door at like 2:30 and it was him with the trap. So much better than what I was thinking he was going to bring. No poison, nothing to harm a little child if they accidentally were to touch it. he set it up in the corner of the kitchen and in less than 9 hours we caught it!
My sister Angela had been over and we were just chatting in the living room. I started hearing this odd noise that I couldn't place. It sounded like the mechanics of a baby swing. I guess Angela had been hearing it too but she just thought it was the dog eating (No, we don't have a dog...but Angela does and so it made sense in her head). Once she stopped talking I kind of cocked my head to where she noticed that I was hearing it to; at once she realized it wasn't the dog and then decided it must be the mouse! We jumped up and checked...sure enough the red bar was on the "mouse caught" section. The noise we had been hearing was either it "scratching" or it moving the trap...it was super creepy! Angela was brave enough to set it outside for me so that I didn't have to be haunted by the noises until Chris got home. So, if you need to catch a mouse this was an amazing mouse trap, and the bait: peanut butter!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay! You caught the mouse. And that sounds very creepy... But sounds like a rather nice mouse trap! Much better than finding it dead and bloody, right?