Monday, September 21, 2009

"hmm...it's a grape"

Sadly, our twin neighbors (also named Chris and Elisabeth) moved to Idaho Falls the day we returned from our vacation (Aug 21st). It is a bummer to lose such a close friend, but at least I am just losing her vicinity-wise...we will still be close, I will make sure of it!

In their place we now have Shayne and Jessica Smith next door; they are just now settling in. We had them for dinner on Tuesday (sept 15th) and have just seen more of them around the complex and upstairs.

On Friday, we had the Mahelona's over for pizza and games and so the boys (Ben and Sebastian) were outside playing just on the balcony area with a gate in front of the stairs. Jessica had come outside to get cooled off but seeing Sebastian, she offered him fruit snacks. They don't have any kids so they have fun with everyone else's =). Anyway, Sebastian ended up just going inside and sitting on their couch. They asked if he wanted to watch a movie, to which he replied in the affirmative, of course! So, Sebastian watched Cars next door while we continued our evening with the Mahelona's.

After the Mahelona's left I went over to retrieve Sebastian and make sure he hadn't peed or pooped or anything. Everything seemed to be fine and I was just convincing Sebastian we were going ot need to go when Shayne got up and noticed something on the carpet. He picked it up, looked at if for a second, and said, "hmm...it's a grape." Well, it didn't look like a grape to me! I quickly pulled back on Sebastian's underwear to check my suspicians, while at the same time Shayne was starting to guess he wasn't correct...Sebastian had pooped some deer poop and it fell out of his underwear; Shayne had picked it up!!! I was a little mortified. Found another piece, flushed it, washed my hands and took Sebastian home! Sorry new neighbors!!

They are good sports, though. They were willing to watch him and Paige for real the next day (Sat morning) so that Chris and I could go to the temple together. It's going to be fun to get to know our newest neighbors. We are also getting to know the Thurman's more and that has been fun.

2 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

oh my - glad they were good sports about it!

Eric, Angela and the kidlets said...

That's hillarious- at least he didn't try to eat it!