Since we have been in Washington visiting family there has been extensive news coverage about the Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajökull (Nope, I dont know how to pronounce it). All I have heard until this morning is about disgruntled customers due to cancelled flights. I wanted to hear the geologic news about it, but there was none to be found on TV here. Although, this morning my mother was checking the astronomy picture of the day, one of her favorite websites. She showed me this picture from the astronomy website of the Icelandic volcanic eruption:
I then continued to science babble about volcanic lightning, and my dear kind mother listened the entire time. This picture made my day!
4 comments:
oooh, you can science babble to me all you want sometime - I love that kind of stuff and that photo is AWESOME!!!
How long are you guys in town for?
AND - Congrats on Utah State, I am so excited for you guys!
We will be in town for at least another few days, but there is no final date to drive back to Idaho.
We are getting very excited for Utah State. Call me so we can see you and your family. I believe we will most likely be there for Nigel's birthday party. What time is the party?
That picture made my day, too! Why can't I be there for this stuff? I want to be in Iceland right now! Is that a photo of this recent eruption?
Yes that is from the recent eruption. I like it so much it is now my desktop background.
Post a Comment