Lately Sebastian has been rather silly. His latest game invention is that he will put some object in the middle of the floor and cover it with a blanket. Then, loudly, until he gets acknowledged he will say "Dad, I have a present for you!" Then I lift up the blanket and try to be excited about what is waiting for me. He will play this game for hours or until mom and dad can take no more.
On Friday we had some visitors from Utah, my Grandma Sant along with my cousin Tambra and her family. Sebastian started bringing all his stuffed animals out to show our great guests. He brought out his Little Engine That Could and Tambra asked him what that train says. Sebastian's response was "I can, I can, I can, I can." All of us started to chuckle and Sebastian opened up into a large smile.
Sebastian is now pretty much fully potty trained...it has taken only 6 months. He dresses himself everyday and refuses help. If we have a schedule we have to start getting him dressed about a half hour before we have to leave in order to have him ready to walk out the door at the appointed time.
One of our favorite things about Sebastian is his sleep talking. Every night we either move Sebastian back to his bed when he has fallen asleep elsewhere or we go and kiss him goodnight. He is a pretty sound sleeper most of the time, but sometimes he will talk in his sleep while rolling over. When he talks in his sleep it is as clear as his speech during the day. He often mutters one or two words that are on his mind; things like "macaroni", "noodles", "Fillmore" (the hippie van from Cars). He often talks about food or his stuffed animal friends. He dreams of odd things sometimes. Rarely he will wake up screaming. Apparently the large toy dinosaur he got for his birthday bites his fingers in his dreams. Today at church he told me he was dreaming about batteries and that he was trying to find batteries for his shake-and-go car.
Sebastian is a wonderful child and we are so grateful to have him in out life. He makes us smile, laugh, and even frustrated at times. We love our 'bastian.
No comments:
Post a Comment