So, as you can see, we are still working on the poop thing with Sebastian. I really don't want him to keep pooping in his underwear forever....what can I do??? Chris and I are really trying to focus on it before it becomes an even bigger problem. Right now I am just trying to reward pooping like crazy, and that's the only thing that gets rewarded. He did poop in the toilet twice today...but he also pooped in his underwear in-between.
How long did it take your kids to figure it out??? Does anything work?
2 comments:
It took Owen about 5 months to figure it out - in that time we cleaned up a lot of underwear. I definitely think he was on the LONG end "figuring it out." What finally ticked him was some of his best little buddies were doing the same thing, and we finally put a carrot out there - a big yellow tonka dump truck. It helped that a neighbor had the same one so he KNEW what he was working for. We had a chart - it was slow going.
If I could go back and change something, I would have had the dump truck in possession so he could see it in person - we had a picture on his chart, but I think it was too abstract. Good luck - hang in there, this too shall pass!
I am so glad that you updated your blog- it's great to see all of your fun adventures! As far as the potty training, well, I think it's all up to them- you can do your best, but they decide when they are ready. One thing that worked for us though was a little sheet that had a bunch of toilets on it and every time he went he got to put a sticker on one of the toilets. When the whole sheet of toilets had stickers, we went to the dollar store and he got to pick one thing out- when he pooped we let him put like 5 stickers on the sheet, he liked that. I think rewards work well, and it looks like that is what you are doing- just hang in there, he will get it. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment